Trust is the cornerstone of any relationship. At Lapa Lopa, Inc., and its affiliates and subsidiaries (“Lapa Lopa” or “we”, “us”, or the “Company”), we take your privacy seriously.
If you do not want us to handle your Personal Information in this manner, please do not use the Lapa Lopa Platform. Personal Information is information that could reasonably be used to identify you individually, such as your name, e-mail address, and mobile number.
- What information we collect
- How we use that information
- How we may share that information
- How we protect your information
- Your choices regarding your Personal Information
Information We Collect
Information You Give Us
We collect information that you voluntarily share with us through the Platform.
If you are using the Platform to request professional services, you may give us:
- Contact information, such as your name, physical address, telephone number, and email address;
- Information about your home, such as the number of bedrooms, bathrooms, and zip code or postal code where your home is located;
- Billing information, such as credit or debit card number, expiration date & security code and/or information regarding your PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, or other digital payment accounts; and/or
- Ratings and reviews of the partners you engage through the Platform.
If you participate on the Platform as a partner, you may give us:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number;
- Log-in information, including your Lapa Lopa Platform username and password;
- Application information, if requesting consideration to participate as a partner through the Lapa Lopa Platform, such as your experience, skills, eligibility to work, and availability;
- Social Security number, if you are a vendor who wishes to participate on the Lapa Lopa Platform in the United States and you are selected for a background check; and/or
- Bank or payment information to facilitate payment via Lapa Lopa for services performed.
If you apply on the Platform for employment with Lapa Lopa, you may give us:
- Contact information, including your name, email address, telephone number, and mailing address; and
- Resume and personal information required for a background check.
More about payment card information:
You may, at your choice, complete surveys on the Lapa Lopa Platform or on a third-party platform about, for example, your level of satisfaction with the Lapa Lopa Platform or services provided by Lapa Lopa. In some cases, we may link the information you provide in the survey with Personal Information in your Lapa Lopa account, such as your name or email address. When linked to Personal Information, your survey information becomes Personal Information as well.
Information We Collect Through Technology
We use technology to collect information that enhances our ability to serve you. When you access and use the Lapa Lopa Platform, Lapa Lopa and, in some cases, our third-party service providers, we may collect information about how you interact with the Lapa Lopa Platform. We describe below a few of the methods we use to collect information through technology.
When you visit the Lapa Lopa Platform, we may collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address. An IP address is often associated with the portal you used to access the Internet, such as your Internet service provider (ISP), company, association, or university. While an IP address may reveal your ISP or geographic area, we cannot determine your identity solely based upon your IP address. However, we may link the last IP address you used to access the Lapa Lopa Platform to Personal Information you provide us.
We may also collect a unique identifier for your computer, mobile device, or other device used to access the Lapa Lopa Platform (“Device Identifier”). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to the device you used to access the Lapa Lopa Platform. We may link the Device Identifier to other information about your visit, such as what pages you viewed, and to Personal Information you provide us, such as your name.
We may include small graphic images or other web programming code – called web beacons (also known as pixel tags, web bugs, or clear GIFs) – in our web and mobile pages and messages. The web beacons are minute graphics with a unique identifier. They are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored in a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Web beacons help us better manage content on the Lapa Lopa Platform by informing us what content is effective, monitoring how users navigate the Lapa Lopa Platform, counting users of the Lapa Lopa Platform, and counting how many emails sent by us were actually opened by the recipient.
Your ‘Do Not Track’ Browser Setting
We do not currently support the Do Not Track (DNT) browser setting. DNT is a preference you can set in your browser’s settings to let the websites you visit know that you do not want the websites collecting your Personal Information.
Information Collected by Mobile Applications
When you use the App, the App may automatically collect and store some or all of the following information from your mobile device (“Mobile Device Information”), including, but not limited to:
- The type of Internet browsers you use with the App;
- Your preferred country site;
- Your mobile operating system; and/or
- Your phone number or other identifiers assigned to your mobile device, including: the IP address of your mobile device, and the manufacturer and model of your mobile device.
We may also collect information about how you use the App, such as the amount of time you spend using the App, how many times you use a specific feature of the App over a given time period, how often you use the App, and actions you take in the App. In addition, we may gather information about the website from which you downloaded the App to help us determine what App download site is most effective (collectively “App Usage Information”). We may link your Mobile Device Information and App Usage Information to Personal Information you have provided us, in which case we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
If you are a partner using the Lapa Lopa Platform, we may collect your geographic location by using Global Positioning System (GPS) information sent to us from the photos you submit. We use this information to effectively categorize the photos. We only collect location information from partners who have been accepted to participate on the Lapa Lopa Platform and not about potential partners applying to participate in the Lapa Lopa Platform.
Information You Provide About a Third Party
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend or contact about the Lapa Lopa Platform, we may collect that person’s name, phone number and/or email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email or text message (SMS) inviting him or her to visit the Lapa Lopa Platform. You may choose to resend this email or SMS at your discretion. We store this information only to send a one-time email or SMS and to track the success of our referral program. We do not use this information for any other marketing purpose unless we obtain consent from that person or we explicitly say otherwise. Please be aware that when you refer a friend, your e-mail address may be included in the message sent to your friend.
If you are using the Lapa Lopa Platform to request and receive professional services, you may provide us ratings and reviews of the partners you engage through the Lapa Lopa Platform.
Information Third Parties Provide about You
- For example, websites on which we have placed advertisements, such as Google, may tell us which ads about Lapa Lopa you clicked, which is often called “conversion tracking.”
- In addition, when third parties such as Accurate Background conduct background checks on partners, those third parties share the results of the background check with Lapa Lopa.
- If you log into the Lapa Lopa Platform through a social networking site, such as Facebook, we may collect your Facebook authentication token and account identification number and use that information to provide you with access to your account on the Lapa Lopa Platform.
- If you call or text (SMS) message a partner or service requester using the telephone number provided by Lapa Lopa, Lapa Lopa uses Twilio (or similar third-party applications) to mask your telephone number. During this process, Lapa Lopa and Twilio receive in real time and store call data, including the date and time of the call or text (SMS) message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the text (SMS) messages.
- If you are using the Lapa Lopa Platform as a partner, we may receive information about you in the form of ratings and reviews from requestors who engaged your professional services through the Lapa Lopa Platform.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect to serve our customers, consider applicants, market and promote our services, and improve your experience with the Lapa Lopa Platform. Some examples include:
- Addressing service complaints;
- Communicating with you by email, telephone, or text message, in accordance with your preferences;
- Conducting research and analysis;
- Contacting you with regard to your use of the Lapa Lopa Platform and, in our discretion, changes to the Lapa Lopa Platform and/or the Lapa Lopa Platform policies;
- Continuously evaluating and improving the online and mobile user experience;
- Evaluating job applications to work at Lapa Lopa;
- Improving customer service;
- Managing payments for services;
- Marketing and advertising products and services;
- Providing public profiles of partners;
- Rating and reviewing partners
- Responding to questions and feedback;
- Running online or mobile sweepstakes, contests, or other promotions;
- Scheduling, rescheduling, and cancelling services;
- Sending you marketing and promotional emails, unless you have told us you do not want to receive such emails; and
- Troubleshooting technical problems on the Lapa Lopa Platform.
By using the Lapa Lopa platform, you expressly consent and agree to receive communications from us, including via e-mail, text message, calls, and/or push notifications to the cellular telephone number you provided to us. The communications may include operational communications concerning your account or use of the Lapa Lopa Platform and related services, updates concerning new and existing features on the Lapa Lopa Platform, communications concerning promotions run by us, and news concerning Lapa Lopa and industry developments. We do offer opportunities via the Lapa Lopa Platform to opt-out of some or all of the messages, although we may still require some minimal communications if you are subscribed to a Lapa Lopa service as a neighbor or vendor.
Standard text messaging charges applied by your cell phone carrier will apply to any text messages we send. The information described in this section may be transferred to, or processed and stored in, the United States and other countries, which may employ greater or less restrictive data protection laws. In all cases, we will take appropriate measures to protect your personal information in accordance with the policies described herein.
We keep the backups of the databases containing your Personal Information for 30 days.
How We Share the Information We Collect
Partner Profiles and Ratings and Reviews by Requestors
The Lapa Lopa Platform may display profiles of the partners who participate on the Lapa Lopa Platform. These profiles may include the partner’s name, and ratings and reviews about the partner provided by their customers. The partner’s profile may be visible to all users of the Lapa Lopa Platform.
If you provide a rating or review about a partner, we may post your first name, the initial of your last name, and the name of your neighborhood along with your rating or review on the partner’s profile. In addition, partners may use your ratings and reviews, as well as this personal information about you, in their own marketing materials.
Third-Parties Providing Services on Our Behalf
Third-party companies and individuals provide or facilitate certain aspects of the services offered through the Lapa Lopa Platform on our behalf. We may provide these third-party service providers with access to your information, including your Personal Information, so that they can perform these services for us. We require these third-party service providers to provide safeguards for your Personal Information similar to the ones that we provide.
The following are some examples of how we share your information with third-party service providers.
- We use third-party service providers to analyze your use of the Lapa Lopa Platform.
- We may disclose your Personal Information to an attorney in the process of obtaining legal advice.
- We use PayPal, a third-party service provider, to process any billing information, including credit card information you submit.
- When partners applying to participate on the Lapa Lopa Platform, we use third party providers to screen applicants and all data is managed on those third-party sites.
Social Network Site Authentication
If you choose to log into the Lapa Lopa Platform through Facebook, Google, or another social networking site, we may share information about your account with the social networking site.
Administrative and Legal Reasons
We may be required to disclose Personal Information in response to a court order, subpoena, civil discovery request, other legal process, or as otherwise required by law.
Legal Compliance and Protections
We may disclose account and other Personal Information when we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lapa Lopa, our users, or others. This includes exchanging Personal Information with other companies and organizations for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.
We reserve the right to disclose and transfer your information, including your Personal Information:
- To a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of the Lapa Lopa Platform or successor database and
- In connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of substantially all of our membership interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including to any prospective purchasers.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. The Lapa Lopa Platform, and products and services offered through it, are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older, typically 18 years or older. If you are under the age of 13, you are not authorized to use the Lapa Lopa Platform.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance/Your California Privacy Rights
California residents who use the Lapa Lopa Platform may request that we provide certain information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You can make such a request by e-mail to privacy@LapaLopa.com or by mail to: 100 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 1750, Santa Monica, CA 90401.
How We Protect the Information We Collect
The security and confidentiality of your Personal Information is important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access or disclosure and improper use.
Access to your Personal Information is restricted at our company. Only employees who need the Personal Information to perform a specific job, for example, managers, and customer service staff, are granted access to Personal Information. All employees with access to Personal Information are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. After a new policy is added, these employees are notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to enhance protection for our users’ Personal Information.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your account password and to your computer. Be sure to log out of your account or to close your browser after you have completed your visit to our Site.
Please note that despite our reasonable efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable, so we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information.
Your Choices Regarding the Information We Collect
You may contact privacy@LapaLopa.com to update, correct, or delete your Personal Information. You may also update, correct, and delete some of your Personal Information through your account on the Lapa Lopa Platform.
In addition, you may cancel or modify the email communications you have chosen to receive from the Lapa Lopa Platform by following the instructions contained in emails from us.
Via Email: privacy@LapaLopa.com
Via Mail: Lapa Lopa, Inc. – 100 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 1750 – Santa Monica, CA 90401
Last updated: March 1, 2018